About the role:
We are looking for an experienced technologist to architect and implement software solutions that will enhance our product and enable our business. Reporting to the CEO in this role, you will lead all Business Systems, eCommerce, and Data infrastructure - providing strategic direction and management. This role will be responsible for all of the enterprise-wide systems, processes, and tools related to scaling functions, including Sales, eCommerce, Demand Generation, Supply Chain, Fulfillment Operations, and Customer Support.
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader who is a proven builder of teams and who works well with cross-functional partners. The ideal candidate will be very hands-on, with deep expertise in middleware configurations, and have the ability to work well in a fast-paced growth-oriented environment.
Here at ROOM, we know people are the most important asset in any organization, so we put them first. We design from the perspective of our community, putting ourselves in our customer's shoes to create the space needed to bring their ideas to life. We’ve set out to launch a fast, cost-effective alternative to complex construction with modular, purpose-built architecture that allows teams to shape and then reshape their work environment with ease.
With offices around the world from New York to San Francisco, London to Berlin, Sydney, and beyond, we’re seeking dynamic thinkers and doers to join us in making more room for everyone. ROOM is backed by top investors (Slow Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, and SJF Ventures) and is already building the workplace of tomorrow for over 6,000 customers ranging from the worlds leading logo companies, and budding startups to Fortune 500 companies. In early 2021 we exceeded $100M in sales and are currently on the path to double our revenue from 2021 to 2022.
We’ve been recognized by Interior Design Magazine as a 2021 NYC x Design Awards Finalist, by Fast Company in its 2020 ‘Most Innovative’ Awards, and named one of the Best Inventions of 2018 by TIME Magazine.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and operationalize ROOM’s information technology strategy and roadmap based on the Company’s growth and market goals.
- Provide technical direction and leadership to help advance the Company’s strategic plans by delivering technology-enabled solutions that drive business performance and growth
- Build enterprise process, information, and technology architectures that are agile and capable of supporting digital optimization and transformation.
- Work with business leaders to assess their process and data needs and determine the best technology solutions. Provide expert and strategic advice to members of the leadership team on all technology matters affecting the Company.
- Oversee the planning, design, implementation, and ongoing support of the solutions. Collaborate with all business functions to ensure the successful completion of IT projects.
- Work with the IT team to develop short and long-term goals and objectives for architecture, development, installation, deployment, and upgrades of all necessary applications and infrastructure. Select infrastructure technologies, tools, and processes to reduce operational complexity and cost while maintaining performance, reliability, and security standards.
- Hire, mentor, and develop a team of IT professionals, leading them to meet or exceed the Company’s expectations for productivity, quality, and achievement.
- Foster a culture of IT professionals focused on deep business alignment, accountability for outcomes, customer service, and continuous improvement.
- Create and establish sustainable policies and governance for data privacy, information security, data availability, data quality, and system acquisition and support. Lead IT initiatives for evaluating and managing IT risks.
- Operate within budgets and manage a sustainable cost optimization discipline. Deliver the core IT services required to run the business using an optimal level of financial and staffing resources.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and rapid delivery.
- Research new technologies to provide innovative ideas that drive improvement and customer success.
- Design, develop and implement scalable customizations in Netsuite to solve business problems and support business processes.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field. A master’s degree in computer science or information technology or an MBA is preferred.
- 15+ years experience in Senior level IT positions, overseeing a broad technology scope and multiple projects.
- Ability to appraise and interpret business needs, maintaining organization and systems flexibility to pivot quickly and easily in a changing environment.
- Experience in supply chain and financial systems is required. This includes the implementation of ERP and CRM systems. NetSuite and Salesforce are ideal.
- Additional experience with Marketing Automation platforms, eCommerce, Data Warehouse, and Business Intelligence tools is a plus.
- Experience with Agile process methodology for project organization, planning, and execution. Ability to drive multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Use of portfolio and program management tools like Jira.
- Experience leading IT security, risk management, infrastructure, business applications, program management, and IT support processes.
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills; ability to work across multiple stakeholder groups to translate business strategies, initiatives, goals, and objectives into project execution plans and results.
- Experience with hiring and developing teams within a high-growth environment (preferably from a Series A or B phase).
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel.
How we make room for you:
- Health & Wellness: Flexible medical, vision, and dental insurance to take care of you and your family
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it
- 401K: ROOM’s 401K savings program allows you to save for the future with pre-tax dollars
- Paid Parental Leave: Up to 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for all eligible employees
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute
- Team events: Socially distanced team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships
- Equity: Company stocks to honor your hard work and dedication
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
We have always believed that the office is the heart of an organization and that our workplaces should serve to fuel innovation, productivity, and cultural bonds. That being the case, we encourage team members located in our hub locations to join us in the office a few times a week. We enjoy being in the same room with colleagues as we believe it makes us collectively stronger in our jobs, and we are looking to hire people who are inclined to feel the same way. Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.