About the role:
The Account Executive (AE) will join our North American sales team in San Francisco and New York. This individual, together with the team will spearhead our expansion in the US market showcasing our market-leading products and live our mission to reimagine the modern workspace. This is a great opportunity for a passionate sales professional with an entrepreneurial spirit. The right individual is very collaborative but can also operate independently and can prioritize their own day without a lot of close oversight.
The Account Executive is responsible for business within a region or a business segment, including some of the most exciting start-ups in the country. AE’s will receive a territory of named accounts and leads and are expected to penetrate these leads to acquire a new customer
Here at ROOM, we know people are the most important asset in any organization, so we put them first. We design from the perspective of our community, putting ourselves in our customer's shoes to create the space needed to bring their ideas to life. We’ve set out to drive a fast, cost-effective alternative to complex construction with modular, purpose-built architecture that allows teams to shape and then reshape their work environment with ease.
With offices around the world from New York to San Francisco, London to Berlin, Sydney, and beyond, we’re seeking dynamic thinkers and doers to join us in making more room for everyone. ROOM is backed by top investors (Slow Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, and SJF Ventures) and is already building the workplace of tomorrow for over 6,000 customers ranging from budding startups to Fortune 500 companies. We’ve been recognized by Interior Design Magazine as a 2021 NYC x Design Awards Finalist, by Fast Company in its 2020 ‘Most Innovative’ Awards, and named one of the Best Inventions of 2018 by TIME Magazine.
What you’ll do:
- Make outbound phone calls to businesses who have shown interest in ROOM with the end goal of selling them on ROOM’s products and services.
- Daily management of pipeline and sales activities with an ability to accurately forecast sales.
- Properly qualify and vet leads to ensure your current pipeline is filled with high-intent accounts
- Answer ROOM website inquiries via Intercom and turn those customers into qualified leads.
- Daily follow up with every account in your pipeline to drive revenue.
- Build relationships and show a strong consultative selling approach to the main decision-makers of Small and Medium-sized companies.
- Develop a strong understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Provide a consultative and white glove approach to leads via a detailed needs analysis, and create solutions to deliver and ensure a smooth sales process
- Conduct physical showroom tours showcasing our product design, brand vision, and sell them on ROOM.
- Work closely with the SDRs in order to reach accounts that need to be engaged or re-engaged to drive more meetings and sales calls.
- Collaborate with other members of the inside sales team on best practices, techniques, and strategies.
- Hit expected monthly and quarterly metrics and quotas on a consistent basis.
Who you are:
- You have inside sales experience (2 years +) and a proven track record of success in closing new business and upselling existing business.
- You have consistently exceeded sales quotas while using ethical sales practices in a short sales cycle environment.
- You are able to work cross-functionally with other departments to ensure proper customer care throughout the entire sales process.
- You are used to a high-paced sales or startup environment where your passion for sales always shines through by treating your customers with respect and providing the best in class service.
- You are a go-getter. Willing to make outreach on a daily basis to drive urgency and sales.
- You’re naturally curious and passionate about the "workspace of tomorrow" and how companies will work and strive in the open office environment.
- You operate well in fast-moving environments without a lot of oversight and can adapt smoothly to change.
- You are highly detailed and organized and can navigate through multiple tasks at once without being sidetracked.
- You have Salesforce or other CRM experience.
- You have experience in full cycle sales from prospecting, to closing, all the way through post-sale care.
- Added Bonus: If you have experience within the real estate industry, flexible office providers or co-working environments.
How we make room for you:
- Health & Wellness: Flexible medical, vision, and dental insurance to take care of you and your family
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible vacation policy to allow you to unplug and recharge whenever you need it
- 401K: ROOM’s 401K savings program allows you to save for the future with pre-tax dollars
- Paid Parental Leave: Up to 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for all eligible employees
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax savings that make a difference in your budget and your morning commute
- Team events: Socially distanced team outings, dinners, and happy hours that inspire new conversations and lead to meaningful relationships
- Equity: Company stocks to honor your hard work and dedication
How we make room for everyone:
Our belief is simple: What makes you different is what allows us to be different. We value diversity not only in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, and religious background but also in the way you think and approach challenges. We’re committed to creating a work environment where you can be yourself and trust that your voice will be heard. Diversity isn’t something we preach but something we practice every day and taking care of our team is always our top priority.
Join our team!
We’re a team of designers, engineers, and creative thinkers who came together to design the future of work. As a company, we believe that people are the most important asset of every organization. When you put people first, everything falls into place. Join us if you’re interested in creating solutions that improve life at work and looking for a culture of growth, freedom, and accountability.